Friday, September 26, 2008

The Town Crier

10. Earned his name for a reason. He cried so much the first week, I almost became the town crier.
9. Did not eat for the 1st two nights in my house. The first thing he actually did eat, despite the fact I was told to give him Veggie Tale fruit snacks and chocolate milk in a bottle, was a veggie burger.
8. LOVED dogs. We went up the block every night to 1. delay crying, 2. bark at the neighborhood dogs and 3. get licked down by Roscoe.
7. Slept (though sporadically) with a bed full of books he had pulled off of the shelves.
6. Learned to say "Elmo" and "Thank you" while here.
5. Was a fish in the water.....pools, bath, sprinklers.....
4. Liked to carry around clean diapers.
3. Was the first kid I had to practice my first aid skills on. Now I feel OK that that is a requirement of fostering.
2. Was yet another fan of cat toys. He collected all of the balls in one pile and the mice in another. Early categorization skills emerging in this 21 month old.
1. Was the first indication that I have "sucker" tatooed on my forehead, as I have sworn that the youngest kid I'll take is three.

1 comment:

Aida said...

I love these summaries. I'm glad you are not too busy with work, or these wouldn't have happened.