Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Monkeys

In my efforts to show Miss Sassafras how great it can be to be a kid, we try to hit multiple kid-friendly events each week. This week, the little miss enjoyed being granddaughter for a day while my parents were in town. Part of the excitement was a trip, in the 99 degree weather, to the Batfest, Austin's own celebration of all things batty. Included in the Batfest were several bands, battling it out on stages on the north and south sides of the 1st street bridge. Sass and I walked along the bridge and the music got louder and louder.

And the lyrics got clearer and clearer.

Says 7 year old to me: I am surprised they are using cuss words with all these children around. I mean, HELLO!, Monkey hear, Monkey SAY! What are they trying to teach us?

No comments: