Where has the time gone?
It's gone to tea parties, backyard kickball games, and field trips.
To the capital, Sea World, and Kiddie Acres.
To Target, Walmart, and HEB (many, many times over)
To the CPS office and back again (a few times a week)
To bedtime stories, toothbrushing songs, and spontaneous move-the-coffee-table-outta-the-way dance parties
To coloring, crafting, and baking
To finding acorns, climbing trees, and "saving" snails
To kissing booboos, wiping noses, and changing diapers
To tucking in, singing lullabies, and rubbing backs
To twenty two kids and counting
Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
It turns out two year olds can turn their birthDAY into a birthWEEK just as well as I can. Little Sister's celebrations started last Wednesday on her actual day and finally ended yesterday. Not that I am complaining. I love kid birthdays. Our highlights:
1. Our pancake breakfast out where, when we put a candle in her pancake and started singing Happy Birthday, two tables and five waiters joined in the chorus.
2. Ice cream sundaes that night. Because you can't NOT have a treat on your birthday, but we were having cake later in the week.
3. A trip to Kiddie Acres on Saturday, where the birthday girl refused to go on any rides. The other three had a blast though. Maybe Little Sister did too in her own non-participatory way.
4. Birthday dinner and Fishie Cake with our favorite friends.
5. Cupcakes at school. They were not very pretty because Little Sister threw a fit in the shopping cart while we were purchasing them so they got a bit mauled.
Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! May your year be as wonderful as you are!