Friday, September 26, 2008

The Elder Gentleman

10. When it came up that he had a different last name than his brother, said: "It's because I'm a special boy! That's what my mama told me!!"
9. Was so incredibly impressed that I bowled three strikes in a row. He told his aunt in court: She got a turkey!
8. Was the sweetest big brother ever.
7. Tried to tell me that my rice (steamed in a rice cooker) was "almost" as good as his mom's Mexican rice. "I can help you work on it. Don't worry."
6. Sat in a laundry basket in front of the frontload washer, watching it go around and around and around.
5. Saw a picture of G. W. Bush in the capital building and said: "I do NOT like that man!!"
4. On day one, told me that only his brother could call him by his nickname. On day five, invited me into the circle.
3. Thanked me for "taking good care of me and my brother" when he heard that he was moving.
2. Liked making a whirlpool in the backyard pool by quickly walking around the perimeter in circles.
1. Had actually talked me into letting him get a mohawk for the rest of the summer. Luckily, that was the day they moved!

No comments: