Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A New Invention

Something one of my patients said to me today reminded me that I didn't want to forget this.

We do not watch TV very often here. By "very often" I mean maybe an hour every other month. Big Sister probably saw 15 hours of TV in her 15 months here, and half of that was probably the first week after GG and Tiny arrived.  It is a VERY SAFE ASSUMPTION that she is allowed to watch much more TV in her new home.

On her recent visit, two weeks after moving, she said to me in disbelief something like: Mom! Did you know you can actually turn on the TV and there will be a show on there, like Dora or a cartoon, or something like that, and you don't even have to put in a DVD?!!!??? It's for real! You just turn it on like you're gonna put in a DVD, but if you don't put in the DVD, there will STILL be a cartoon on! And if you push a button on that button pusher thing, you can see a DIFFERENT SHOW even!  Isn't that AMAZING, Mommy?

No comments: