Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Different Kind of Spectacle

I remember hanging out with Ladybug and her mother in public.  Bug didn't call me mom, but clearly we had some sort of relationship. She didn't call her mom "Mom" either, so that alone raised some eyebrows, but probably not near the eyebrows that have been raised lately.

I can't help but smile when situations happen where I am with all four of my kids and the dad to two of them out in public.  We've been at McDonald's, parks, and the dentist together.  All four love on him as if he's daddy to them all.  All four love on me. All three talkers call him Daddy and me Mommy. We are nowhere near the same age, nor do we look like we'd run in the same crowd.  But to strangers, we have got to be the oddest couple or the biggest mystery around.  Makes me chuckle every time I see some woman at the park, eyebrows raised, pretending to watch her kid on the slide while giving us a sideways glance. Don't you wish you could figure us out, Lady?

No comments: