Sunday, March 4, 2012

Big Sister's Ten

I haven't had to write a list of ten in ages. Which is fine by me. But these girls are easy to do. The hard part will be stopping at ten.

10. Once screamed from the back of the car: "MOOOOM!!!! LOOK!!!! There are HORSES on the playground!!!" She was mildly disappointed when I explained that they were dogs called Great Danes.
9.  Thought it was so cool, "so super awesome" actually, that she could walk backward. As a four year old.
8 1/2. Did not like thin mint cookies. Which worked to my advantage, obviously.
8.  Never really mastered the art of using her index finger to point.
7.  Was 2012's Punky Brewster. NOTHING matched and the more patterns one mixed together, the better.
6 1/2. Still thinks that God is the guy who hands out communion, and was so disappointed the day before she moved when she figured out she wouldn't get to go to church again.
6.  Could not pronounce the word "lasagna". Which was mildly entertaining till one day at dinner she exclaimed: "Mom, I LOVE veggie vagina!"
5.  Was sure to announce to anyone walking their dog near our house that dogs "kinda freak me out so I'll stay back here."
4 1/2. If someone was crying, she'd go up to them, give them a little back rub and say: "It's ok, GG, you can be my sad friend."
4.  Was the world's worst back seat driver...to the point of questioning right turns on red and speed limits. This was the main reason that she was the kid in the 3rd row of the car.
3.  Did some pretty crazy stuff while sleepwalking.
2.  Went up to every single kid in her class on the last day of school and said, every single time, "Let me give you a big hug because you are never going to see me again."
1.  Spoke from her heart so often that sometimes it killed me.  She is loving and appreciative and I can only hope that she takes that lifeskill to her grave. It was not uncommon for her to say something like "Thank you for thinking to tell me that my sausage might be too hot to eat." or "I just love you so so much, Mama."

The good news here is that we already have a date that we'll get to see each other again. It's way too far in the future for me, even though really it's not that far away. Until then, Sister, I'll be missing you like crazy.
I love you, Baby Girl.

No comments: