Friday, March 30, 2012

GG's Ten

Two days short of a full year with the Glamorous One.

10.  Took a sudden interest in nonfiction recently. Particularly animals. Even more so, SEA animals. I'm still wondering why the National Geographic kid series found it necessary to put a picture of some surfer with her arm bitten off by a shark in their shark book.
9.  Did not subscribe to the motto: Less is more. With chapstick, how many markers one might need, clips in hair..nothing.
8.  Could eat me under the table when it came to chips and queso.
7. Thought juice pops, ie. frozen apple juice, were the best dessert ever. When she moved today, she held a brand new package of popsicle molds and a full bottle of apple juice on her lap all the way to her house.
6.  Had an affinity for acorns. No telling where you might find one in the house, car, or washer.
5.  Favorite thing to do during one on one time: BAKING. Though I think ultimately it was really just the licking the beater part that she loved so much.
4 1/2. Loooooooooved BACON.
4.  Was a master tree climber. Except for the day she decided to wear her bike helmet in case she fell so that she wouldn't hurt her head, but when she DID fall, the helmet got stuck between two branches so she was suspended about 3 inches from the ground till I could get her unstuck.
3.  Called the shower "up water" and the bath "down water."
2.  Was a veggie eating queen. Especially carrots and raw spinach with Ranch. The other night I asked her which she wanted: carrots or spinach. She looked at me and said: Why can't I have both? ...well, of COURSE you can!
1. Waited until last night to show any sort of outward loving any of us by singing me Tiny's lullaby song and staring me in the eyes on the "I love you" part. I knew all of my and the Sisters' work to love her was paying off on her inside.

Missing you already, GG. Never forget how loved you are!

No comments: