Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cesar

We've had a little obsession in our house for a couple of months now.  He looks like this (and no, he's not IN our house, but he gets talked about an AWFUL lot):
Meet Cesar.  I am not sure I support Cesar's profession...his owner apparently parks him whereever and charges $5 to ride Cesar around a parking lot.  The guy is making a killing based on what I've seen.

We first saw Cesar here at the corner of Ben White and S. 1st in a Chuck E. Cheese parking lot. We were at the light and Big said: What's that big horse doing at Chuck E. Cheese?  Because it was one of my cooler Mom moments AND because it was Friday in rush hour AND because we were four lanes away from Cesar, we went around the block, flipped a Uturn, and parked to see Cesar.  I remember GG being the bravest and Little Sister never leaving my arms. But none of the girls shut up about this camel for a good two days.  Until we saw him AGAIN that Sunday in a car wash parking lot.  Again, we went out of our way, parked, stared, oohed and ahhed (and no, did not pay to ride).

Cesar was in the paper recently. I cut out the article. It lasted till Little and GG fought over who was going to get to stare at Cesar and the page ripped.  The fact that we all allude to Cesar by his first name should say something about how much he's come up in conversation.

Today, GG, Tiny and I were driving home from the park.  "OH MY GOODNESS! IT'S CESAR!!!!!!!!" Who's not going to turn around for THAT response? So we saw him once again, took a picture of him to text to the girls and then went on our way.

For about two months, Tiny has been saying the word "gamma" all the time. We first thought it was "Gramma," but he has no context for that. Then we thought it was something to do with eating.  Today, he said it in the parking lot while staring at Cesar.  GG and I figured it out at the same time.  She looked at me at the same time it clicked in my mind. "He's saying "camel", isn't he?" Yup.

No comments: