Sunday, November 1, 2009

What's not to love about Halloween?

I forget how much fun Halloween can be, though I think it'd be easier if it were on a school day so I didn't have to fill 13 hours of time before trick-or-treating.

Beignet was absolutely giddy today. We made Halloween cookies that thrilled her to no end. (The fact that I let her eat one BEFORE lunch was an added bonus). Mummy dogs (aka, pigs in a blanket w/ a little bit of hotdog sticking out and mustard eyes) were the hit of dinner for her. Of course, trick or treating sealed the deal on this being the all time best day in the entire month.

Bug wasn't quite sure about all of this excitement. She liked all of the stuff we did close to home. She loved the "mommy" dogs, especially when Beignet announced "I ate the mummy's BOTTOM!!" She just wasn't so sure about this thing called Trick or Treating. "I can't find what we do." (translation: I don't know what we will do.) and "I scary!" (I'm scared.)

But in the end, all was good. The evening ended with two overtired children hopped up on sugar, with a 3 year old voice calling from the bottom bunk: I wish we do that 'gain 'morrow!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: