Friday, November 13, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

I was thinking last night that if I did I not absolutely adore the two kids in my home right now, I may have cashed in my chips. I was feeling so tired of being a part of what I see as an incredibly broken system at times.

Today, I am back though. Appreciative that this insanity is my life. Today, I am thankful for:
...two beautiful children, although they are not mine to keep, who make me laugh every single day.
...a wonderful caseworker who has stepped up to bat several times in the past week to fight for what is right for my girls and who, whether knowingly or not, picks me up almost daily right now.
...Bug's mom, who during collectively 2 hours of conversation today while Bug was at some appointments, shared with me what she thought Bug's life would be like during these months vs. what it really is. And how she is happy about that big difference in visions. And shared some sadness, and appreciation, and stories, and firsts, and worries, and plans...and this time with her, that six months ago probably would have terrified me, felt almost normal.
...my fellow foster friend who absolutely gets how crazy hard and crazy rewarding this life is.

So much to be grateful for! No need to cash in chips yet.

No comments: