Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ladybug's List of Ten

10. Insisted I say "Rise and Shine" (ala Guy Russell) every school day. The absence of rise and shine got "It a stay home day?" for a response.
9. Distinguished busses as: city bus, city bus with a bike on front, school bus, and charter bus.
8. Spent about 2 months throwing a fit if she did not get to hold my "watch hand," yes, the one with the Timex.
7. Frequently, perhaps too frequently, walked around the house saying: I so cute!
6. Was the absolute worst back-seat driver I have had. "Tammy! Go! What you waitin' for???"
5. Favorite dinnertime game: Place napkin on lap. Make it crinkle. "You hear my napkin?"
4. Declared the Ben White to North I-35 flyover her "favit bidge". "I wish we go my favit bidge 'gain sometime."
3. Every night at bedtime made us go into the bathroom, lights off, and triggered her light up ball. At this point, we sang Old McDonald, passing the ball around for THREE verses, no more, no less, but always including a pig. Song ended with a giant CHA CHA CHA! and then we could go to bed.
2. Was a walking song. Nonstop singing, all. the. time. Our solution to "no singing at the dinner table" was "you can sing in your head." I assure you, she did.
1. Said I love you like this: "ah wub shoe." Ah wub shoe too, baby girl.

No comments: