Friday, October 23, 2009

Unattended Children

I am reminded of the sign I have seen here and there that says something like: Unattended children will be given a free puppy.

Left unattended, my children stay within their boundaries. But I am learning that their "boundaries," declared by me and only me, are expanding. So, in recent days and weeks, whilst under my not-so-watchful eye, the girls have:
1. Covered themselves, head to toe, with stickers. And I mean HEAD to TOE!
2. Covered themselves with over 50 temporary tatoos. Though after the sticker incident, the rules were: no eyeballs and no bottoms.
3. Planted a "stick garden" in some fairly fresh mud. I have the used-to-be-white jeans in a size 4T ready for a soak in some Biz and the mud covered flip flops waiting on the back porch.

I am nostalgic for my neat freak days, but not so much that we'll hide the shaving cream, scissors, glue, sand toys, play-doh and bubbles. As long as all braids stay attached and no blood is shed, we're good.

No comments: