Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Departure Date

Nothing hits home the fact that we are a foster family like departure dates. Other families get the FUN departure dates, like This is when we are going to Disneyland or This is when we are moving so and so to college. In this house, you hear: This is the last day she'll be here.

Ladybug's road is coming to an end in a few weeks and oh how sad it is for me. I should be thankful, really. Kid #12 and she is the first one that I have had WEEKS notice on. Not a couple of hours, not a couple of days, but a few weeks. I should be rejoicing truly, because the ending could have been so different for her, but she is getting to move back home. Still it stinks. Not enough for me to stop riding the foster care ride, of course, but I do wish--for my sake only--that it wasn't her turn to get off yet.

No comments: