Friday, March 6, 2009

Lights Out

Daylight savings starts tomorrow. I love everything about a longer day of sunshine, but am going to miss the magic of the lights in my house. There's a trend in this house, no matter the kids. A wonder about the "magic" lights around our home. Blond Brothers raced to the carport every morning to see who could trigger the security light first. In their short time here, the two gentlemen invented a game around the light sensor on the night light in the bedroom. The most magical, mysterious light though has been the lamp in the living room. At 6:17 every night, it clicks on. When Sass and Bit were around, Bit would look at us both and say, "I wiggled my nose." Baby Beignet waits for the click and says: CC did that! Neither Bit nor Baby B have known the real secret.

I love the magic of the lamp. I love the wonder that comes with it. While I will also love daylight until 9pm each night, I will miss the routine that each kid develops around a single light timer.

No comments: