Friday, March 13, 2009

The Blondies

Word is in. All five blondies--the three brothers and their two sisters--are officially home. They have trickled their ways back to mom over a three month period. I believe if anyone is deserving of a second chance to raise their kiddos, it is this mom. Sass' mom asked the judge why she had to take parenting classes. The Blonds' mom asked the judge for MORE parenting classes. Where I have seen other mothers try to get out of things on their service plans, Blond Mom has done it all and again, asked for more.

I can't imagine it's going to be an easy road for her. In fact, having three of those kiddos in my home, I KNOW it's not going to be easy. I am hopeful for all five kids and mom that this is their new beginning.

I was thinking today that if the first two blond brothers had stayed here the whole time, they would have been here for 15 months. I think things are meant to be though. Had they been here that entire time I would never have...

...seen the third blond in a tutu.
...found a kindred spirit in the sugar-toothed Princess.
...learned that I am flexible enough to take a 21 month old.
...realized that kids, in the form of two lovely gentlemen, could creep into my heart in less than a week.
...watched Sass age from a 20 year old down to an 8 year old.
...laughed as much as I did at Little Bit's antics.
...and acclimated my ears to the New Orleans accent sleeping in the next room right now.

No comments: