Friday, March 6, 2009

Celebrations

Baby Beignet has broken a record. Somehow her honeymoon period lasted a whole month. To the day. Not a day longer. Someone flipped a switch in the angel child this week. Did I expect the emails from the teacher discussing behavior? Did I really just have to repeat myself FOUR times to get something done? This is not the February kid in this house. Welcome March.

Things needed to turn around quickly. Teacher and I were unwilling to tolerate rolling under the tables at lunch and fighting with friends. We quickly implemented a behavior chart with smiley faces. Beignet was excited. She caught on fast and knew that green happy faces were the ultimate goal. She turned it around by the end of this week and was back to her February self. In celebration, we went to Sonic today for an ice cream cone. "Thanks for giving us reason to celebrate today." I told her. Her ice cream covered face looked up at me and said, "Don't you worry. We can do this again next week. I'll make us celebrate again." Can I have a round of green smilies please?

No comments: