Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Keep Austin (Names) Weird

While we are on the subject of names...

Conversation at a playdate recently when I used Sunshine's name. (We were playing with one of Speed's classmates, her sister, and her mother.)

"Their names are so.....CREATIVE! What made you think of them?"
"Oh, I dunno. They were #1 and #2 on the Social Security website's list of Top Names?"
--stare--
"Just kidding. I didn't name them. Their birth mom did."
"Oh, I see. When I heard you use Chickadee's name the other day, I thought: Now SHE's keeping Austin weird! I mean, it IS Austin, you know...."

(For the record, my girls' names are NOWHERE NEAR the top of the social security website's list of names. I am doubtful they are in the top 1000. They ARE spelled correctly though. However, some people still ask me to spell Sunshine and still mispronounce Chickadee (HOW, people? How???))

No comments: