Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful

...for today. Though by 8am, you wouldn't have known that's how the day would end.

This is how our day started:
"Get your jacket please." -waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
"Put your backpack on please."  -waaaaaahhhhh!
"It's Chickadee's turn to do that."  -waaaaaahhhhhhh!
"It's time to go." -waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sometimes I wonder if my current son has behaviors because of trauma or because he's a hmmm, how to put it nicely?...Crier?

Fast forward through the day and I am smacked in the face with reasons to be thankful:
A boy who pretends to be a Pout Pout Fish while eating.
A girl playing footsie with me under the kitchen table.
A baby who, after every single bite of food, holds her spoon out to me and wants me to pretend to take a bite.
A neighbor who brought over a few larger-than-should-be-consumed-by-toddlers cupcakes.
Three kids who insisted on putting candles in those cupcakes and singing happy birthday to us all.

Thankful for every single "extra" day I've had since August 23.


No comments: