Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Secret is Out

With everyone transitioning in the very near future, there's so much talk about what things will be like. Big girls are very concerned about me...what will I do? who will I play with? will I be sad?  We were talking the other day about how other kids might move in here, which led us to talking about the days that each of them arrived.  Clearly, our lifestyle and what type of family we are is not a secret. Especially to us. Or so I thought.

"...then someone like (favorite caseworker) will call me and say,'Tammy, can you be a good foster mom for some new kids? They need somewhere safe to live for a while.' Just like she did when you came here."
"Wait. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!? You're a FOSTER mom???"

It took 11 months, I guess, for the cat to come out of the bag.

No comments: