Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let's Go Potty Now...

...everybody's learning how, come on and go potty with me."

I am not sure what the definition of fully potty trained is, but I am calling us finished.  Little Sister stays mostly dry, except for at the playground (in which case, who cares if there's pee in the sand?).  I will admit to actually enjoying potty training her.  We had fun. We have songs and dances and chants and cheers. Tiny claps every time I say: Little Sister went potty! We have a "hurrrrrrrrry, Sister needs to go pottyyyyyyyyy!" run that we do around the kitchen table. Do I think we are in the pee free zone? Nope. Poop free, maybe (and thankfully). But I actually am going to miss the time spent sitting in the tiny bathroom with her, making up stories about poop and pee, waving goodbye to them as they go "down the hole", and singing our handwashing song.

Next time I have to potty train someone, maybe I won't approach it with such trepidation.

No comments: