Monday, June 27, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

This is what happens when you google "first birthday cake".


What began as a "hm, I guess we should have a couple of people over to help sing "Happy Birthday" became a Very Hungry Caterpillar party for our favorite 12 month old.  The girls were so excited to celebrate a birthday...how could I deny them?  We had caterpillar foods.  Glam Girl was very confused as to why the cake caterpillar really wasn't eating the food in bowls around him.  We had caterpillars in cocoons (aka pigs in a blanket).  We had a few people over, a few party hats, a few crumbs on the floor and so much fun.  There were even shirts involved:
I don't suppose I ever thought I'd be celebrating a first birthday for anyone.  So thankful that someone so little arrived and gave us good reason to be festive.

Happy First Birthday, Tiny Man!

No comments: