Monday, March 1, 2010

A bit on the type A side

(The author fully acknowledges that this is a pot-calling-the-kettle-black type of post. Fully.)

"I'm a planner," says Curly yesterday. "I like it that way!"

I am sure he's heard me allude to him as a planner before, but didn't realize how very much he likes it. Here are some of the things that have been planned out recently:

1. Underwear: I will only wear my yugioh underwear on Tuesdays.
2. Behavior: "Hey Tammy, I have an idea. What if at school I do a pattern? Green day, green day, red day, green day, green day, red day?" "Well then you'd get this pattern at home: Good job, good job, uh-oh lose a privilege, good job, good job, uh-oh lose a privilege." "Oh, never mind then."
3. Books: How about tonight and on every Monday, I will read a bat book, but on Tuesdays, I will read "I'm Bad." and on Wednesdays, I will read....
4. I will eat special Kix every day at school except on Tuesdays. Then I can eat the other choice. "Well, what if you don't like that other choice?" It doesn't matter. It's TUESDAY, so I have to eat it.

So tomorrow my yugioh underwear wearing curly headed boy will NOT be eating special KIX, should be getting a green smiley face, and will read about the bad dinosaur at bedtime.

Life is predictable. Life is good.

No comments: