Saturday, December 12, 2009

More to be thankful for...

Tonight I am thankful for:
Beignet's reaction to her BIG NEWS!
A great foster care Christmas party with, I am pretty sure based on the beard alone, the REAL Santa in attendance.
Legos and coloring books = entertainment for what seems like hours.
Caseworkers who work weekends.
"Seasoned" foster kiddos who welcome newbies with enthusiasm and compassion.
A friend who traded cars with me so I can fit three kids in for a week.
Getting to see Bug and her mom today.
Clementines enjoyed by 2/3 of the short people population here.
Kids who sleep soundly enough that I can pack things in their room without disturbing them.
Caffiene and the opportunity to go to sleep before midnight.

Life is crazy. Life is good.

2 comments:

Alison Randall said...

Just caught up on the blog. As always, it makes me so happy knowing you are the person in these kids' lives for however long it lasts. From all of us parents out there, thank you for doing what you do.

Ben, Angie & the greatest kids :-) said...

Ditto to all!