Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Signature

I am not sure it is really just one signature. Buying a house, for example, is pages and pages of signatures. But it was phrased like this: Beignet's mom signed her rights away. A more legal way of saying it is: She relinquished her rights. She gave up her rights to her child, perhaps knowing that she didn't have a chance of getting her back, maybe thinking Beignet would be put into a better situation. I can only imagine what she was thinking and feeling as she did that.

So today was a huge day for Beignet, but she doesn't know it yet. I am not sure how her therapist and I will tell her that her next visit with mom will be her last. I don't know that a 5 year old can wrap her mind around something like that. I know I can't. CPS is in search of Beignet's forever home. We are hopeful that her roots will be planted by the start of kindergarten, but as with everything related to CPS: We just don't know for sure.

No comments: