Monday, July 6, 2009

#$%*!!!

For the most part, I have a really really good filter that helps me not cuss in front of kiddos. Sometimes it malfunctions, but usually not. The oldest blond brother would likely still be able to tell you about the one time he heard a cuss word fly from my mouth--while driving over a concrete parking space marker. I've been great around the current two, which is a good thing considering Bug picks up ANYTHING I say.

Three weeks ago, when I spilled water on the floor:
Tammy: "Oh SHOOT!"
Ladybug (laughing hysterically): Oh shoot? Tammy say "Oh shoot."
Walking around the house like ET saying "phone home" over and over: Oh shoot, oh shoot, oh shoot.

One week ago, when I dropped the lotion bottle in the bathroom sink:
Ladybug: Tammy, you 'got say OH SHOOT!!

Tonight, when she dropped her placemat on the floor:
Ladybug: OH SHOOT!! Right Tammy? Bug say OH SHOOT? Right?

Yaay for filters!

1 comment:

Alison Randall said...

Excellent timing for me reading this post, as just yesterday our caseworker emailed us about a little boy and asked, "How do you feel about 'excessive use of profanity'?" Ha!