Thursday, July 16, 2009

Church

I, for one, have gotten little out of church for the past four months. I am redirecting, watching, shushing. I am handing out colors, changing colors, picking up colors. I am doing, it seems, everything but paying attention. Apparently I am alone in this. Ladybug keeps giving me glimpses of what I am missing.

A while ago, she walked slowly down the hall, a cat's feather stick held up high, singing "Alleluia" over and over again. "Look, I Kathy church!" Kathy is our friend who often reads at church. At the start of Mass, she carries in the cross each week.

Tonight, Ladybug again walked down the hall. This time with a blanket draped over her shoulders, long train trailing behind her. "Look. I church. I man church! Hallelujah!" Tonight, evidently, she was dressed as a priest.

1 comment:

amycs said...

I totally can relate with this, Friend. Sometimes I wonder why we go when we miss so much. Church is replayed in our house with the singing of the Alleluia, too. Soph loves to "baptitize" babies, too. We've gotta get these kids together!