Friday, April 29, 2016

Tooth Fairy Drama Continues

Speed lost his fourth tooth today. The first, I dressed up as the tooth fairy. The second, he literally lost after losing it in the grass and then finding it. I personally think he lost it on purpose, but he never would say. The third was knocked out of his head by a friend's head in PE. It was a traumatic day and the tooth fairy was not even a consideration. We got popsicles and a new toothbrush instead.

Yesterday morning, I pulled that tooth out just before we walked out the door for school. Apparently he was excited all day about the tooth fairy coming, but when bedtime came, the angst began. After about 20 minutes of worry, he settled on the tooth being beside his pillow on his bed. An hour later, he came out to tell me

"I don't want that tooth in my room."

So we settled on a place the tooth fairy could come that would not be ANYWHERE NEAR SPEED--right in front of the front door.

Speed was happy this morning with his two dollars and only mildly disgusted at the mess the fairy's wings made sprinkling glitter all over. He swore tonight at dinner that he will let her in his room next time.

We shall see.

(for those tracking progress with me, let's count the ways, shall we? 1. He let a "stranger" in the house. 2. He GOT OUT OF BED without permission. 3. He told me he didn't want something. With words, not behaviors. 4. This whole day went down with no tears or fits. Progress, progress, progress...)

1 comment:

Alice Sanderson said...

I am all about his progress. So proud of him! That said #1 and #2 made me laugh because we have opposite "problems". :)