Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Junebug is Two

Today, our littlest friend is two. We celebrated with a tiny playdate on Saturday because Junebug will celebrate with her bio family today. We had cake and cupcakes and party hats and that was enough for this sweet girl who mastered being two a long time ago.


Junebug has been such a great "try" at our family continuing to foster. Before I put us back on "the list" to have another kiddo, I hoped for grace that this kid would show me if I was doing the right thing. That grace was quite literally carried through our door in June. Junebug's presence has shown me the gift my kids can be to others. Junebug herself has kept us all on our toes and most of the time keeps us laughing. What has amazed me the most this time is Junebug's case and family. I have waited seven years to see every single person from caseworker to family work as a team and it is absolutely wonderful to be a part of a group of people helping a family because the family recognizes their role and is working with the system rather than against it. This has, up to this point (and managing four kids aside), been a seamless journey.


Wishing Junebug a wonderful second year. We don't anticipate that we'll be a part of it for too too much longer, but we will enjoy your silliness while we can.


No comments: