Friday, March 22, 2013

Future Coworkers

D from the back of the car today when we were talking about packing up some more of their stuff to leave at their house when they go on their weekend visit tomorrow:

"So, (caseworker) is gonna come get us that day and we'll stay at my mom's?"
-Yup.
"We're never gonna see you again, are we?"
-No buddy, you won't.

A minute later:

"Well don't worry about that, Tammy. Because when I grow up, I'm gonna be a speech therapist like you and I'll come work at your work. You can see me then."

Peanut doesn't get it though. No matter how many ways I say it, she believes that like every other time this past month, "You come back? Pick me up?"

-No Baby, you will stay. I will say good-bye.
"Next time, I say HELLO MAMA! You come back!"
-No Baby, I won't come back. You will get bigger at Mommy (name)'s house.
"Then I come you work too. I say "helllllooooooooo mommy!"
-Ok, you can see me when you grow up too.

And D adds: I'll help you find her work too, Peanut.




No comments: