Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Five!

I'm not sure it'd be anyone's top list to move into a new home five days before a birthday, but we made the best of it.


The requests were Spiderman cake AND cupcakes, a present, and a trip to Chuck E. Cheese.  Easy enough.  Daycare got the cupcakes, we got the big cake, he got the presents and like it or not, we all got to spend time at Chuck E. Cheese. The birthday boy was content to "play" video games without tokens (no, people, I was not refusing to give him tokens...he just didn't WANT them most of the time). We were lucky enough to have someone the kids knew before moving here join us at Chuck E. Cheese and to have the next door neighbors come over to sing and have cake.

All in all, it seemed like a good birthday. I can only hope that when he looks back at things, the thought is more on the side of "That was a fun day!" rather than "That reminds me of when I moved."  It doesn't hurt to hope there, right?

As a side note, I am thoroughly enjoying a five year old in the house. It's been over two years since Curly left. Since then, a parade of kids three and under have come and gone. I've forgotten what it's like to have a long(ish) conversation, a kid who can clear his own plate and choose his own clothing, and who might spend over an hour at the table intently working on something like this:



Happy Birthday to my new lego-loving boy!

No comments: