Monday, January 2, 2012

Slacker Days

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not sit still.  Not because I have four kids, but because it's just not my nature.  There's so much fun to be had. Why sit around?

I learned the answer: Because you can.

We had eight stay home days over the holiday.  We got in the car only to go to family visits and to celebrate Christmas with friends. What did we achieve?
1. Jammies till at least 3 p.m. on more than one occasion.
2. Not a single day where the playroom was "closed" because "we don't have time to get toys out tonight."
3. Almost all of our new toys from Christmas have been played with. Not just for five minutes.
4. Multiple bike rides around the block.
5. We have rediscovered our sandbox.
6. We ate in every single meal except for Christmas day. (and not all of those meals were sandwiches)
7. Four kids played play-doh for more than an hour at a time.
8. We had time to get out the glitter because I had time to clean up the mess.
9. Almost every book in the living room was read.  At least once. 
10. The word "hurry" was (mostly) absent.

There were even a couple of times where all five of us were on the couch. Sitting. Doing nothing. No tv, no books, no toys. Just there, being slackers. I loved it.

No comments: