Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Safety First

Maybe it stems from my constant explanation that the reason they live here is that they were not safe in their other home and that Mommies and Daddies are learning to keep their kids super safe.  Maybe it stems from the idea that at least 200 times a day, the kids hear me say: That is not a safe choice. Who knows.  But I am apparently raising a couple of ninnies at this point.

Example 1:
GG: "I have some jewelry at my Gramma's house but it's chokeable and I don't want Tiny to choke so I left it there."
Big Sister: "Well, did you put it high up on a shelf at your Gramma's house?"
GG: "No, it's in my jewelry box."
Big Sister: "Well you know, GG, Tiny can still reach it if it's in your jewelry box.  He can still choke on it at your Gramma's house. You don't want him to choke on a chokeable, do you??"
GG: Um, no.  I forgot.

Example 2:
When seeing a man walking on the 71/I-35 flyover, yes, flyover:
"Why do you think that man is walking there? That is a very unsafe choice!"

Example 3:
When coming back from a family visit:
"Will you please talk to my (x), Mamma? S/he is NOT WEARING A SEAT BELT in the car and that is NOT SAFE!!"

No comments: