Monday, April 27, 2009

Towel Attire

Baby B has quite the bathtime ritual. It ends, without fail, with her getting out of the tub and creating a new outfit from her towel. Sometimes I hear, "Tammy, come see my new skirt." Other times, it's "I am a baby. Look at my diaper."

Last night, I was in the kitchen when B came out to model her new outfit.

"I went to Walmart and bought this dress for twenty dollars. What do you think?"
"Oh, it's lovely. You got quite a bargain."

She walked away. I turned my back to wash some dishes and she yelled: Tammy, you won't believe it! I went to Walmart and they said the dress was more than $20 so they took it back and NOW look what they left me!

I turned to see nothing but a naked kid standing, grinning ear to ear, in the middle of the hallway. She must've found some money overnight though, because tonight she bought some "diapers" from her pretend store after bath.

No comments: