Monday, April 20, 2009

Bad Hair Day

I will admit to being proud of my newly acquired hair skills. Most days, the girls look great. I can braid, bead and bauble as much as the girls want. We have more hair toys and hair products in our house than I have probably had in my lifetime. Even Baby Beignet tells me I have done a good job on her hair and that our new friend "looks so cute when you do her hair."

Until yesterday. I spent an hour putting nine braids in my little friend's hair as she patiently sat on the floor. Apparently, I braided a bit too tight because the braids are inflexible and stick almost straight out of her head. So she looks like a cross between an alien, Medusa, and a ladybug. Given the amount of time I asked her to sit still, she'll have to look like a ladybug till the next hair washing comes around. So I am still learning to do hair, it seems...

No comments: