Friday, March 18, 2016

Eagle's Top Ten

Eagle left our nest today. True to himself, his last words were "no", "no", and "NO!". The kids each climbed in the caseworker's car to give Eagle a hug and kiss, and we stood in the driveway waving till his car was out of sight.

Eagle was NOT THE EASIEST two-year-old to walk through this door, but we will miss him all the same.

10.  Eagle had exactly two haircuts in eight months. He needed way more than that, but my offers to take him were always declined.
9. Eagle loved laps. He was much like Junebug in this regard and would rotate from lap to lap to lap. He even frequented Chickadee's lap despite weighing 5 pounds more than her.
8. Eagle and Stubby were fast friends. Not exactly sure how that happened, but soon after Eagle's arrival, Stubby was following him and checking on him and tolerating all the "gentle" pets Eagle gave.
7. Eagle could live on milk and white flour alone. In fact, some days, he did. Not a fan of veggies. An occasional fan of fruit and meat. Not even a fan of french fries or macaroni. But put a roll or a flour tortilla in front of the guy and it was gone.
6. Eagle fell a million times a day. Well, maybe not a million, but one time I counted and he fell 14 times between leaving our house, dropping the bigs at school, and arriving at daycare himself.
5.  Never EVER spoke in an inside voice. Never. He was so, so loud.
4. Used "so so" as his descriptor for everything. Trucks were so, so big. People were so, so nice and so, so funny. Cars were so, so fast. Brownies were so, so yummy.
3. As hard as I tried to make things otherwise, Eagle called me Mommy. So we "trained" him to call his mother Mama. He learned pretty quickly and would distinguish between the two of us very clearly.
2. Had a baby sister that he seemed to enjoy based on what he said. Her name was one of his first words. He gave run downs of what she did (as a six month old) during visits and was tickled if she rode in the car with him to visits.
1. Eagle was a hug monster. He often walked around hugging things saying: I hug you leg. I hug you purse. I hug you backpack. I hug Speed jacket. He never stopped the hugging but the words eventually morphed into I love you leg. I love you purse. I love you backpack. Or I love Speed jacket. As much as he screamed, he was a love bug who had noooo issue at all expressing his feelings.

 Love you, Eagle! I am missing your hugs already.




1 comment:

Christina said...

Aww, he reminds me in some ways of the two-year-olds we've had with us. Especially a particular loud one. ;) Thanks for sharing your love for him with us.