Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Big Feelings About a Little Bed


I sold Chickadee's toddler bed tonight. That is to say, I sold Little Howler Monkey's, Big Sister's, Peanut's, Sunshine's, AND Chickadee's bed.

I originally bought this bed when I went from two kids to three. Someone described me as a "glutton for punishment" the day I was putting that together when I knew that the Howler Monkey was on her way.

I remember squishing my body into that bed with Big Sister when she arrived because she was so, so scared and cried all night.

When Peanut arrived, I put her in the pack n play. Then I heard a thump and saw that she found her way to the bed instead.

And Sunshine? She used to be soooo tiny in this HUGE bed. She was in it till Chickadee moved out of the pack n play. Since then, it has been hers, though she inconsistently slept in it.






No shortage of stuffed friends here.

Chickadee wasn't super excited about her bed leaving tonight, but the reality is she doesn't sleep in it, she has a big girl bed and well, this: 

That's my spot in the middle there.

 So we carried this memory holder of a bed out to someone's truck tonight. Hopefully, they will have some memories of their kid in it one day too. Can't imagine how nostalgic I will feel when I am sending kids off to college if a little bed makes me scroll through a million pictures!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I have the same feelings about a particular quilt all the kids have held, laid on, curled up with. It will be easier to keep around because it's not as big as a bed, but I'm not sure if I could pass it on to a particular child because it has been everyone's quilt! Also, I love the sleeping on the floor pictures. The trend right now in our house is to fall asleep in doorways.