Tuesday, September 2, 2014

On The Decision to Continue Fostering: Part One

(from sometime in early June)
 
It strikes me that sometimes in life, we are sure, ABSOLUTELY sure which way we are going to turn when we get to a fork in the road. We get to that point in the journey though and something jumps out to tell us to go the other way.

I was cleaning out bins of clothing the other day. Anything under girl size 18 months and boy size 4T should be weeded out but those clothes just have so much more life in them. My plan has always been to retire from foster care the minute I knew someone was staying. In fact, I felt very adamant that children who were once foster children should not continue to grow up in a foster home (even though they aren't leaving). I have, admittedly, judged others pretty harshly on this exact topic.

So why the change of heart?

I really don't know. Bottom line: I believe we as a family may have more to offer others.

We won't know until we try.

No comments: