Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The "Little" Misstep

(from August 7, 2014)
 
I have two descriptions for what happened a year ago with my kids. First, I call the decision to move them last year a "misstep on the judge's part." We sat in a hearing for much longer than usual discussing the possibility of their move. Everyone was against it. "Policy" forced it.

I call their actual two weeks and one day away from me their "mini-vacation", though I don't believe it was a vacation for any of the four of us involved. We are all quite thankful that the vacation was no longer than it was...that nothing egregious brought them back to me..that my house was still empty for them to return.

Today marks one year since they walked out the door. As it turns out, they won't walk out again. How nice that on the year anniversary of their misstep, I got drafts of their adoptive orders in my mailbox.

You just never know how things are going to turn out...

No comments: