Friday, August 22, 2014

Because I Can

and here begins a list of things I can do now that I know the kids are staying:

May 15, 2014: Turned in Speed's registration for pre-k which does not begin for FOUR months. Because I know he'll still be here.

May 16, 2014: Let Speed skip school for the hell of it (well, to go to Sea World). Because I know CPS doesn't really care about things like that at this point.

July 8, 2014: Plan a date with Speed to go buy a lunch box for pre-k. In August. And then turn to Sunshine and say: "Don't worry, I'll take you to do that next year."

August 8, 2014: Bought a pair of 3T pink jammies on clearance. Not for Sunshine because she has a zillion jammies already but for Chickadee, who will probably be big enough to wear them IN A COUPLE YEARS....

August 22, 2014: Saw Speed's (not yet legal) new name (including last name) on his "class list" for school. (In an effort to avoid having to explain changing name spelling and last name to peers, we are starting the year off this way.) I had to read the list twice to find him because I wasn't used to seeing my last name next to his first name and couldn't find him at first glance.

No comments: