Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Most Stupid Question I Have Ever Gotten

Four kids. Three African American. One as pale and blond as they come.

Lady at Farmer's Market: How old are they all?
Me (pointing): 4, 3, 2, and 20 months.
Her: Really? How far apart are they? (babies)
Me: Six months.
Her: HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MAKE THAT HAPPEN?
Me: Are we looking at the same pair of children? Do they honestly both look like they came out of my body?
Her: Oh, I guess not. (chuckle, chuckle)

Questions of curiosity really don't bother me. I don't care at all if you ask me if we are an adoptive family, foster family, playdate, whatever. I don't really care (though I won't really answer) if you ask the kids' story, how long they've been with me, or "how on earth I can say goodbye."

But for goodness sake, use some common sense if you want to ask how two siblings could possibly be six months apart in age!

No comments: