Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Seven Months

...and no end in sight.

Somehow yesterday slipped by. Our 7 month anniversary as a foursome (minus the mini vacation in August). Maybe it slipped by because the cold has everyone going CRAZY, not to mention coughing and sneezing their brains out.

Yet, we're still trucking along. Here are some of our small celebrations of recent weeks:

Speed:
Can pedal a trike.
Recognizes D, S, M and the names they represent.
Transitions to school without crying. Often now, without even saying goodbye.
With my permission and only one set of directions, without me even in the room tonight, pulled a chair over to the counter, opened a tupperware of cookies, gave one to Sunshine and one to himself, and put the chair back while I put Chickadee down for the night. When I came downstairs, there was one on my placemat too.

Sunshine:
Can buckle the top buckle and one bottom part of her car seat (this is huge at 7:15am, folks!)
Can sing ABCs and Jingle Bells word for word with no help.
Waves hi and bye to random people as we leave Speed at school.
Played with some friends the other day with me across the (very large) room. She didn't even need me around.
Told me today that "I think Miss Amanda (teacher) be at (daycare name) 'day. You think so, Mommy?" From the kid who didn't talk 7 months ago.

Chickadee:
Can run.
Fast.
Away from us.
Walks, rather than being carried, into daycare.
Has elaborate routines with her babies, including trying to change diapers, wipe them, wipe noses, pat them down and then walks away from them saying "bye bye."
Has many, many, many words now. But her favorite is still "NO!"

Still enjoying watching them grow...

No comments: