Monday, August 5, 2013

Family Portrait

We tried very hard on Sunday to get a family photo. A self-timed family photo, no less. With 3, 2 and 1 year olds. Anyone who has known me for more than, say, a minute knows I have a special fondness for self-timed group shots.

I now have over 40 family photos of us. We are dressed for church. Our faces are clean. Our hair is brushed and Sunshine's twists are actually behaving on her head for once.

But you'll have to imagine that picture. Because each one has someone blinking, turning, a skirt up, a bra strap down, a blur of baby moving across the photo.

This is what we got in its place on our nightly walk to the mailbox today. The kids love shadows.

(Objects in photo are shorter than they appear.)


1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm not great at keeping up with your blog but I always love your posts! You are such a strong person to do what you do! ;)