Friday, September 2, 2011

How Do I Love Thee?

Let me count the ways:

Tiny Man: holds his hand as though carrying a tray of food when I carry him.  He has also learned to say No. Which I am not sure I love. But which I am sure gives him a step up in the "sticking up for yourself around three lovely ladies" department. He also blows the best kisses.  Dozens at a time.

Little Sister: calls Tiny Man "Buddy" when she's helping him out or wanting him to do something. "Here, Buddy." So sweet. Has learned to buckle the top buckle on her car seat.  And put her shoes on.  And turn off the lights. And best of all, move wet clothes from the washer into the dryer.  Best little helper in the house.

Big Sister: has created a "nest" on the couch where she likes to "just hang out." She has deep admiration for hula girls, based on a photo I showed her of a hula monkey clock that hangs in my office at work.  If the name weren't already taken by a previous kiddo, we'd have to call her Princess since everything she does comes with the declaration: Because that's what princesses do.

Glamour Girl: Uses "It's a Mystery!" appropriately (by "appropriately" I mean, like I do).  Somehow (my big mouth maybe) she found out about the Austin Cow Parade and is determined to see every cow in the parade. Thankfully, she doesn't know how many there are, so I think she may settle for the 15 we found last Sunday while trekking around in the double stroller.  My favorite was painted like a football.  Not my fave because of that.  My fave because GG calls it "the meatball cow." Meatball, football, who cares?


No comments: