Monday, September 5, 2011

Goodbye Patrick Swayze

I'm going to have to retire my favorite pajama shirt. I was wearing it at breakfast this morning and the following conversation took place between two three-year-olds:

Kid #1: Why do you think that shirt says Dirty Dancing?
Kid #2: They not dirty. They just dancing.
Kid #1: Maybe cuz they're hugging and his arms are on her?
Me, in my mind: How can we change the topic?
Kid #2: Well, GG, there's no DIRT on Mommy's shirt!
#1: Maybe it's HOW they dance.  Maybe they move dirty.
Me, again in my mind: Change. Topic. Now!!!!!
#2: You can't MOVE dirty.  You GET dirty.

The other day I saw a grown man walking around Target in an Elmo shirt.  His entire chest was the face of Elmo.  I thought to myself: What would make a grown man wear Elmo on his shirt?

Now I have my answer.

1 comment:

Alice Sanderson said...

How did they know it said dirty dancing? :)