Sunday, May 8, 2011

Three and a Half

I like to acknowledge half birthdays here. Maybe because I know that most kids don't have a half AND a whole birthday while living here; maybe because it's just fun. Yesterday was the newer three year old's half birthday. She's a little glamour girl who wears silly bands up to her elbows, as many mardi gras beads as she can find, and a pair of white bunny ears out in public on a regular basis. I don't suppose I expected her to choose something incredibly classy or decadent for her half celebration...no pedicures or visits to a spa, but I sure didn't expect to be going where she chose for such an event--Genie Car Wash. Follow that with a trip to Krispy Kreme for a chocolate donut with sprinkles and we are good to go. But the glamorous one is confused. All this talk about turning three-and-a-half but "I'm not bigger than I was yesterday." I think she was a bit disappointed.

No comments: