Saturday, April 9, 2011

FAQ #4

I thought the definition of "spectacle" was our little United Nations of last year. The current crew gives new definition to the word. One baby strapped to my body, another in my arms and two holding onto my leg/backpack/jacket/whatever. Spectacle.

So this week's number one question has been: What do you need?

What? Do I look like I need something when I have four children hanging on me? Really? Truly, I appreciate my community and the village near and far that supports me each day. I could never, and would never even think to do this by myself. Honestly, I think we're doing great so far, but since you asked:

  • Please don't compare me to the Octomom, Kate plus 8, or that family that has 20 some odd kids.
  • If I have a snail trail of snot across my chest, or spit up down my back, feel free to tell me.
  • Ditto for toilet paper, wet wipes, and tissues on my shoe.
  • Feel free to hold someone. They can never be held too much.
  • Come for dinner. But don't be shocked if it's frozen pizza or PB and J.
  • Judge me not by how long the grass is, how dirty the floor is, or how big the laundry pile is.
  • If some major world event occurs, give me a heads up. I haven't read a paper in a week.
  • Forgive us if we are late.
  • Grab a hand when we are all crossing the street.
  • Know that if I don't return a call or email promptly, I am still thinking of you and will get back to you soon.
  • Believe in them.
  • Believe in me.
  • Believe in us.
  • Know that these kids, individually and collectively, are bringing me much, much joy.
We're all alright.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love reading your posts, Miss Tammy! And wow, wow, wow- I'm so in awe of you. I can't imagine anyone who would be better at what you do. We miss you at Live Oak!