Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One of his stranger habits...

Curly is a very serious dude. He reminds me regularly that he does not like to be called things like Buddy, Sweetie, Silly, Turkeyhead or Goofy because, in fact, "That's not my name. My name is Curly." He is the polar opposite of Beignet and Bug who were reminded almost nightly to not be QUITE so silly at the dinner table. But he cracks me up all the same...he just isn't doing it on purpose.

Learning new words has become Curly's thing. He lets new words roll around on his tongue at different decibels, frequencies, and with different facial expressions. He likes me to define new words over and over and over. He's taken the word love to a new level though. Or a new place. The bathroom.

For whatever reason, Curly likes to yell out his new words while he pees. With the door open. So the house and all of its visitors can hear.

A sampling from this week:
Friday: Chickachicka Boom BOOM!
Saturday: Chimichanga. Ha. I like that word. CHIMICHANGA.
Sunday: God and the HOLY SPIRIT!
And today: QUESADILLA!!!

Keeping a running list of these words could be mildly entertaining....

No comments: