Friday, September 11, 2009

Baby Pictures

"I need a baby picture for my project" at afterschool care. Baby B is excited about her "All About Me" project. "Can you give me one?"

um....we don't really have any baby pictures of you.

"Well, why not?"

They are with your other mom (yes, that is how it comes out of her mouth, so that is how it comes out of mine).

"Well, what can I bring then?"

Good question. So I thought on it and thought of three choices: draw a baby picture, ask a friend for a picture of her daughter that might--on first glance--resemble B, or find a baby picture online.

Google "black baby girl" and see what you come up with.

We ended up doing all three things. B and her therapist drew a cute baby picture, but because it was on an 11x14 piece of paper, it wouldn't work. Our friend emailed us several pictures of her daughter as a baby, but the printer wouldn't cooperate with the photoshop program. Last night, I relied on Google to save us.

Baby B was putting her pictures in her backpack and looked at them one last time. "I'm gonna show these to my teacher and tell her that this is what I looked like when I was a baby. I bet I was cute like this. Do you think so?"

Absolutely. At least that cute.

No comments: