Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dr. Doolittle

The girls and I went to the Austin Zoo on Saturday. At home, we pretend we know what the cats are saying when they meow. We tried the same thing at the zoo. We saw three different sets of "talking animals" on Saturday:
1. The peacock. Beignet walks around the house shrieking in the peacock's high voice: Mommy, mommy.
2. The pigs. The pigs didn't want to share their food with each other. They say things like "Move away from my broccoli." and "I don't want to share with you."
3. The most exciting was the ring-tailed lemur cage. Ladybug recaps this scene every day: "Don't hurt my arm. Don't eat my carrot. OK, strawberry." (translation: The lemur said "don't hurt my arm" as he grabs his arm. Then he takes a carrot back from the other lemur and says: Don't eat my carrot. The other lemur was hardly disturbed, so replied: OK, I'll eat this strawberry instead.)

No comments: